Westfalia documentation

this subforum is dedicated to our dear english-speaking vw-bus-drivers... feel free to ask, mention, and contribute on all topics regarding vw vans!

Moderatoren: jany, Staff

Antworten
ZsZ
Poster
Modell: T3
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Multivan
Leistung: 66 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: 1Z
Anzahl der Busse: 1
Westfalia documentation

Beitrag von ZsZ »

Hi All!
I ran into a "small" problem.

I have a '86 Transporter (ex Caravelle, now Multivan interior) which I did put a Westy poptop on. (Club Joker roof with a Mosaik Joker install kit I bought second hand)
Here in Hungary modificatons on the vehicles have to be engineered and permitted. The engineer said that beside his technical description, the local authority would need a proof from the importer that there was an OE version of that car with the roof.
Unfortunately he said neither the VW sales broschures from vwpix, sonen teileprogramm drawings and partnrs, nor the Mosaik Joker install manual is enough for permit the conversion.

The hungarian VW importer Porsche Hungaria said that they cannot make this certificate as my van is too old, they have no data. They redirected me to VW-Classicparts.
VW-Classicparts said that they cannot help, redirected me to Westfalia
Westfalen Mobil GmbH said that they could not help me as they have no data on these old vehicles.
I have also asked VW Nutzfahrzeuge, they also told me that they have no data so they cannot make a proof.

So I am a bit stuck now.

Browsing the forums I have found the T-pedia page about the ABE nrs of these vans.
http://www.t3-pedia.de/index.php?title= ... Z-Papieren
As I understand those are the german authorities' documentation of the type approval.

I wonder if the B 434 (B 434/1, B 434/2) documentation of the westfalia vans would contain some drawings and other legalisation info and I could have officially translate that document to have a proof.

Are these documentations availabe to the public eg. from archives?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks!
Zoltan
Zoltan
Atlantik90
Antik-Inventar
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: 2WD Atlantic; 4WD MV
Leistung: 70 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: JX
Anzahl der Busse: 2

Re: Westfalia documentation

Beitrag von Atlantik90 »

The Westfalia-Joker have a different body shell especially in the roof area. So the B434 can only be used for documentation of the pop up roof shell - see notice on the Westfalia installation manual.
If you usesd the original Westfalia frame for the roof cut so you need a certificate that the cut out of the roof between B- and C-bow is permitted. Reimo-documentation for early Reimo pop up roof encluded such a Volkswagen declaration.
You will not find a genuin VW-model with this cut out.

ABE documents are not available for the public
Unfall- und störungsfreie Fahrt mit dem VW-Bus
wünscht Joachim
Von mir als Beispiel für Verfügbarkeit gesetzte Lieferanten-links sind keine Empfehlung.
Irren ist menschlich; keine PN, fragt im Forum
Wer die VW-Reparaturleitfäden hat, hat weniger Fragen.
ZsZ
Poster
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Multivan
Leistung: 66 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: 1Z
Anzahl der Busse: 1
Re: Westfalia documentation

Beitrag von ZsZ »

Yes I have used the Mosaik strenghtening frame.
I think they want to prove that the roof shell is not something I built at home, but I am not sure.
Thanks for the tip for the Reimo manual. I will look around for that.
Zoltan
Antworten

Zurück zu „English-Corner“